Have you ever questioned or have wondered about the quality of your water? Have you noticed soap scum on your shower walls and doors, spots on your dishes? Clorine smell in your glass of drinking water? All are indicators that your dealing with problemed water. Sykes Services is here to help solve all your water woes and answer all your questions so that you and your family can drink, bathe, cook and clean in the purest and healthiest water possible. Solving these problems can improve your complexion, and help with skin dryness, as well as extend the livelihood of your appliances, and can even save you money!
Here at Sykes Services we understand the importance of water quality, that is why we offer FREE water testing for some of the most common water ailments and provide you effective water treatment solutions in Waldorf.
Common water ailments Southern Maryland Region
- Hardness: Hard water is notorious for leaving water marks and streaks while cleaning and causing mineral scaling in pipes. This negatively impacts your household appliances and can reduce the efficiency of your water heater. Not only that, but it can leave your hair limp and skin dry.
- High pH levels: Acidic water has corrosive characteristics and can wreak havoc on your plumbing system. It creates pinhole leaks in your pipes and can reduce the lifespan of your household systems (water heaters, boilers, appliances).
- Sulphur: If sulfur bacteria have found their way into a home’s water supply it can cause an unpleasant rotten egg smell.
- Bacteria: Disease carrying pathogens, microorganisms, and bacteria (e-coli & coliform, etc.) can make their way into your private water source causing health risks.
- Iron: An element often found dissolved in ground water, that can cause staining, can react with tannins in beverages such as coffee and tea.
Once your water has been tested and any problems or impurities have been identified, our Water Quality Experts can recommend a full range of water treatment equipment to maintain or restore your home’s water quality.
- Water Filtration
- Water Softeners
- Water Conditioners
- Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Systems
- Ultra Violet (UV) Water Purification
Call today to set up a complimentary on-site water test. After testing, our Water Quality Experts will review your waters’ unique characteristics and design a custom water treatment solution to address your specific needs.
Better Drinking Water for Your Family
Microbes like E. coli and giardia can be found in any water supply. They are virtually undetectable to homeowners as you cannot see, smell or even taste them in your water; however, if present, they can make you sick. For Southern Maryland homeowners who rely on private wells as their primary water source, it is important to take special precautions to ensure your drinking water is safe for consumption. There is no municipality to rely on for the regulation of the water’s safety and to ensure bacteria is not present. UV Systems are an effective, low-maintenance solution to protect your water from these harmful bacteria and give you peace of mind.
The Benefits of UV Systems for Water Purification
UV Systems work by utilizing ultraviolet rays to attack and disrupt the DNA of bacteria and viruses. Once the microorganisms’ DNA is damaged, it cannot function or reproduce – or cause you any harm.
UV systems offer many advantages for homeowners to help protect their water supply. As UV purification is a physical process and not
chemical, it does not use any harmful chemical disinfectants. There are some microorganisms that are resistant to chemical disinfectants such as chlorine and are only able to be eliminated through UV treatment. Not only that, but UV system are better for the environment.
UV technology provides additional security for you water supply.